keto matcha swirl cake
The Keto Matcha Swirl Loaf Cake celebrates everything that matcha tea lovers desire in a cake. Using the finest matcha powder from Japan and okara flour, our cake is moist, soft, rich. The texture is silky smooth thanks to the okara flour. Matcha's aromatic flavours are enhanced with the combination of milky flavours of cream, butter and coconut cream. Perfect for afternoon tea or as a refreshing dessert. With only 4g net carb per 100g, it will fit perfectly in your keto meal plans. Sugar free. Gluten free.
- Melt butter and set aside.
- Warm the coconut milk and dissolve the matcha powder in it and set aside.
- Beat the eggs
- Add the vanilla essence and erythritol to the egg mixture and beat.
- Pour the melted butter into the egg mixture and mix well.
- Add the sour cream into the mixture and mix well.
- Mix the dry ingredients together (almond flour, okara flour, baking powder, salt) and add into the cake mixture. Mix well.
- Set aside 20% of the cake mixture and mix with the matcha.
- Pour 3/4 of the cake mixture into a lined cake form (21.5cm x 9cm – 11cm loaf / 8.5inch x 3.5 – 4.5 inch)
- Pour in the matcha mixture as the middle layer.
- Pour in the last 1/4 of the cake mixture as the top layer.
- Use a thin stick (eg. skewer / satay stick) to make swirling patterns.
- Bake at 175 degrees celsius for 50-55 minutes.
- Serving Suggestion: Shave some keto white chocolate and sprinkle on top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!