Vegetarian low carb quiche
The colorful red of sun-dried tomatoes combined with the green of kale and leeks makes this low carb quiche a festive, visual treat that will grace any seasonal breakfast or brunch table. But the taste? It's as good as it looks! Zesty feta and walnuts add to the sophisticated flavor making this low carb quiche in its almond flour crust a truly special holiday dish.
- 9 oz kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- 3/1/2 oz leeks, finely chopped
- 5 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 eggs
- 1/1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/1/2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 oz sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together almond flour, sesame seeds, psyllium husk, and salt. Add the egg and dices of butter or coconut oil. Mix with an electric mixer.
- Press the dough into a greased springform pan 10" (25–27 cm), up along the sides too. Use a spatula or well-greased fingers. Use your thumb to make it to an even dough.
- Let the pie crust rest in the fridge for 30 minutes. Prick the bottom of the crust with a fork. Pre-heat the oven to 392°F (200°C).
- Pre-bake the crust for 5 minutes. Let cool while you prepare the filling.
- Parboil the kale and leeks in salted boiling water for a few minutes. Let it steam off in a strainer.
- In a big bowl, mix feta cheese with eggs and cream. Stir in the chopped walnuts, parboiled kale and leeks. Season with salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- Pour the batter into the pre-baked pie crust and top with the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Bake on the middle rack for 30 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!