keto easy bread | nut free
If you want a super simple keto bread with just 0.2g net carbs, nut free, seed free, gluten free and super low-calorie bread, this is absolutely for you! You will have lots of room to play with the type of fat you want to go with it: butter, ghee, nut butter, berry jams, you name it. It only takes in a couple of simple ingredients. Give it a try. Hope you will like this.
- 3 large egg white
- 3 large egg room temp
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 85 ml boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F)
- In a mixing bowl mix all dry ingredients to combine.
- Add in egg whites, eggs, apple cider vinegar. Mix with spatula.
- While mixing the bread dough, add in boiling water gradually in a few batches so that the dough can absorb the water fully. Mix until the dough become solid and sticky. Cover with cling wrap and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Pour the bread dough into a baking tin. Use a larger cake tin to have enough room for the dough to capture heat and release moist from the bread while it rises. We use an 8" cake tin.
- Bake at for 1 hour. Cover with aluminium foil when the bread starts browning. We cover it at after ~30mins of baking time.
USEFUL TIPS 1. The key success here to carefully control the water. Excessive water will cause the bread to deflate. The bread dough should be solid before it goes into the oven. 2. Egg white and eggs must be at room temperature. 3. Water must be boiling. 4. Weight everything using weighing device. We use a device which gives us up to 0.01g accuracy. 5. Psyllium husk MUST NOT be too fine as it will block its ability to absorb water. We always buy whole psyllium husk and grind it ourselves. As a reference of finest, eyeballing it when grinding 1 portion of psyllium husk until it left about half of its original portion. 6. Do not use a cake tin which is too small for it to capture heat and rise evenly. 8″ tin is used in the video. 7. Do not cut the bread while it is still hot as the bread will shrunk and collapse which end up a cakey bottom. 8. Let it cool in the oven with the oven door opened will prevent the bread shrunk due to temperature shock. 9. If you need to cover the top with aluminium foil to avoid burning, ensure you only open the oven door after the bread has already risen tall and solid.
Calories: 21.4kcalCarbohydrates: 0.2gProtein: 29gFat: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!