Cocoa is thought to have first been used by the Maya civilization of Central America.
It was introduced to Europe by Spanish conquerors in the 16th century and quickly became popular as a health-promoting medicine.
Cocoa powder is made by crushing cocoa beans and removing the fat or cocoa butter.
Today, cocoa is most famous for its role in chocolate production. However, modern research has revealed that it does indeed contain important compounds that can benefit your health.
Here are 11 health and nutrition benefits of cocoa powder.
- Rich in Polyphenols That Provide Several Health Benefits
- May Reduce High Blood Pressure by Improving Nitric Oxide Levels
- May Lower Your Risk of Heart Attack and Stroke
- Polyphenols Improve Blood Flow to Your Brain and Brain Function
- May Improve Mood and Symptoms of Depression by Various Means
- Flavanols May Improve Symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes
- May Aid Weight Control in Many Surprising Ways
- May Have Cancer-Protective Properties
- Theobromine and Theophylline Contents May Help People With Asthma
- Antibacterial and Immune-Stimulating Properties May Benefit Your Teeth and Skin
- Easy to Include in Your Diet
MD Keto – Cocoa Flavanol
MD Keto – Cocoa Powder