If you like flavorful meals, you're going to love this! Katie Caldesi's Salmon laksa is a low carb version of this mouthwatering curry dish from Southeast Asia. A clever swap of cabbage for noodles brings down the carb count without sacrificing taste. Are you ready to wow your palate?
- 1/(4/2/3) oz/tbsp fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves. peeled
- 2 red chilli pepper
- 1 lemongrass stakk, outer layer removed and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric, dried
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1(4) oz small yellow onion. finely sliced
- 1(4) oz red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/3/4 cups coconut milk
- 2/1/4 cups warm chicken stock
- 2 fresh or dried lime leaves optional
- 1/1/4 lbs salmon, boneless, fillets
- 9 oz green cabbage, shredded
- 4 large eggs
- 1 lime eggs
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro
- tamari soy sauce optional
- Heat a large saucepan or wok over medium-high heat and add coconut oil.
- Sauté onions until soft and translucent.
- Add red pepper and spice paste, and stir-fry until sizzling and fragrant.
- Pour in coconut milk, stock, and add lime leaves. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add the salmon and simmer for about 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
- Carefully add the eggs to boiling water and boil for 7 minutes (if you like the yolks slightly runny). Remove the eggs from the water and cool them off in ice cold water. When cool enough to handle, peel, and halve, the eggs.
- Divide the cabbage between four deep bowls and ladle the broth into the bowls.
- Top each bowl with two egg halves, cilantro, a lime wedge, and a few shakes of tamari before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!