Open omelet with ham and cheese
This easy keto omelet by Katie Caldesi is not just for breakfast. Packed with delicious ham, cheese, and flavorful herbs, it's a satisfying meal at any time of day. As it's open-faced there's no tricky folding required, making it a great dish for first-time omelet makers!
- 2 large eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/4/1/10 cups/oz fresh dill, parsley, or coriander, roughly chopped
- 3/1/2 oz smoked deli ham or deli turkey, roughly chopped
- 3/4//3 oz/tbsp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tbsp hot sauce or a pinch of chili flakes optional
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add salt and pepper. Whisk until smooth.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the whisked eggs to the pan.
- Use a spatula to swirl the eggs around for a minute to get the runny eggs to the bottom of the pan. Ensure there are no holes in the omelet and let it sit for another minute.
- Scatter the herbs, meat, and cheese over the omelet and cover it with a lid. Cook for another 2 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Serve as is, or with your favorite hot sauce or a pinch of chili flakes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!