Guavas are tropical trees originating in Central America.
Their fruits are oval in shape with light green or yellow skin and contain edible seeds. What’s more, guava leaves are used as an herbal tea and the leaf extract as a supplement.
Guava fruits are amazingly rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, potassium, and fiber. This remarkable nutrient content gives them many health benefits.
Here are 8 evidence-based health benefits of guava fruits and leaves.
- May Help Lower Blood Sugar Levels
- May Boost Heart Health
- lower blood pressure
- decrease in “bad” LDL cholesterol
- rise in “good” HDL cholesterol
- May Help Relieve Painful Symptoms of Menstruation
- May Benefit Your Digestive System
- May Aid Weight Loss
- May Help Boost Your Immunity
- Eating Guavas May Be Good for Your Skin