Protein breakfast wraps
These Protein breakfast wraps would make the perfect lunch or dinner too. For a light meal, add your favorite fillings, such as deli turkey, cottage cheese, tomatoes, and lettuce. If you're after something a little more substantial, add pulled chicken or taco meat for a healthy, finger-licking-good dinner!
- 4 large eggs
- 1/1/4 cups mozarella cheese , shredded
- 1 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 4 tbsp whey protein isolate
- (unflavored) or pea protein powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard (optional)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 5 oz deli turkey
- 4 oz tomato sliced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 345°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all the wrap ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Use a spatula to spread the batter into about 7" (18 cm) circles onto the prepared baking sheet. The thinner you make them, the more flexible they will be when rolling or folding. If you're making more than two, you will probably need to bake the wraps in batches.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the batter has set. Remove from the oven. Use a spatula to gently remove the wraps from the baking sheet.
- If you like a charred look and a crunchier texture, fry the tortillas in a dry, hot pan before serving.
- Place one lettuce leaf on each tortilla and top with tomato, cottage cheese, and deli turkey. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap it by folding the bottom part up first, and then fold the left and right sides in towards the middle. Eat and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!