Chicken parmigiana, or chicken parmesan, is a dish which is usually done by deep frying breaded chicken. Then it will be oven baked with toppings on the fried chicken covered in tomato sauce, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Basically, it tastes just like pizza except the base is now a piece of chicken instead of a pizza base.
To make it carb free and sugar free version, firstly, the chicken is oven baked by skipping the breaded portion. The tomato sauce is replaced with sugar free Kitchen22 homemade bbq ketchup. You can also use any of sugar free ketchup or marinara sauce available.
Only 40mins of cooking. Super simple. Super Keto. Enjoy!
Oven Bake Chicken Parmigiana
- 2 Boneless Chicken Chop
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp Italian herbs
- Kitchen22 sugar free tomato BBQ sauce
- 100 g mozzarella cheese
- 1.5 tbsp parmesan cheese
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- 1 swiss mushroom
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tbsp Kitchen22 Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 200 °C
- Pat dry the chicken.
- Rub the chicken with dry rub.
- Put it into oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut a swiss mushroom into thin slices. Drizzle some olive oil, Kitchen22 Worcestershire sauce (or any brand of choice) and sprinkle pinches of salt and pepper on the mushrooms.
- After 30 minutes, remove chicken from oven. Increase the oven temperature to 230 °C.
- Drizzle tomato sauce on the surface of chicken, followed by cheese topping.
- Once the oven is heated up to 230 °C, put the chicken back into the oven. Bake for 6-7 minutes to melt the cheese and cook the mushroom.