Who doens’t love bread? One of the challenge for us in Keto diet is that we missed bread.
Bread are fundamental need in a lot of our meal. We’ve tried many recipe to create wonderful keto bread, a lot of tweaks here and there. And we finally settle with this recipe.
*This bread will be very crispy when toasted. Definitely give it a try.
Keto Flaxseed Bread
- Convection Oven
- Add all dry ingredients (flaxseed powder, psyllium husk, baking powder, instant yeast, salt) into mixing bowl. Give it a quick mix.
- Add in wet ingredient (egg whites, apple cider vinegar).
- Give it a quick mix.
- Pour in 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp of boiling water.
- Continue to mix until no lumps and the batter becomes dry and sticky. Sticky and solid batter is the consistency you want.
- Pour the batter into a 8" cake tin. Shape it. Avoid flattening the top.
- Bake at 180 degree celsius for 1hr 10mins. Then, remove bread from the tin. Let it cool completely in the oven with door opened before cutting.
- Egg whites must be at room temperature.
- The water must be boiling.
- Do not add excessive water. If needed, at in only 1/2 tbsp at a time if it's too dry.
- Weight everything using weighing device. I use a device which gives me up to 0.01g sentivity.
- Flaxmeal must be grounded to fine powder form so that it can absorb water efficiently.
- Psyllium husk MUST NOT be too fine as it will reduce its ability to absorb water.
- Instant yeast is optional. It does not help to rise the bread but only for bread flavour.
- Do not use a cake tin which is too small for it to capture heat and rise evenly.
- Do not cut the bread while it is still hot as the bread will shrunk and collapse which end up a cakey bottom.
- Let it cool in the oven with the oven door opened will prevent the bread shrunk due to temperature shock.