Amazing 1-minute chocolate pecan frosting with a soft, fluffy, moist & guiltfree chocolate cake.
If you love chocolate cake and crunch, you have to try this! And making frosting can't be any easier that this 1-minute chocolate frosting with roasted chopped pecans. Spread it on a soft, fluffy and moist chocolate cake and you get an incredibly delicious and guiltfree cake.
- 6 Whole Eggs
- 315 ml Whipping Cream
- 100 ml Unsalted Melted Butter
- 10 ml Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven at 350F or 180C.
- In a bowl, sieve the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda together. Then add the sweetener and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add all the wet ingredients and whisk until well combined. The batter is smooth and moderately thick.
- In the video, I used a 9×13 inch pan lined with parchment paper. You can also use any suitable pan. Transfer the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake at the middle rack for about 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Meanwhile, make the frosting.
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl (except the pecans). Add 2 to 3 tbsp of hot water first. Then whisk to combine. If the cream is too thick, add another tbsp of hot water until you get the right consistency. I added a total of 4 tbsp to get the consistency I wanted. It could be different for you. They key is to add more or less hot water to adjust the thickness of the cream.
- Add the roasted chopped pecans and mix with a spatula to combine.
- You can frost the cake while still warm or at room temperature.
- Pour the cream onto the top of the cake and spread evenly. As my cake was still warm, I chilled it in the fridge for about 30 minutes until the frosting is set enough. The longer you chill the cake, the firmer the frosting will become.
- The cake can be kept in the fridge for up to a week.
Serving: 24gCalories: 163kcalCarbohydrates: 1.3gProtein: 2.9gFat: 16.5gFiber: 1.6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!