HOW TO MAKE KETO OAT FIBER FLAXSEED TORTILLA WRAP | ZERO NET CARB | VEGAN | SOFT & PLIABLE
Oat fiber powder and golden flaxseeds are the best combo to create a zero or close to zero net carb keto recipe. So far, I have tried it on keto bread, both yeast and non-yeast versions and the texture is great – light, soft and fluffy! I have also tried it on keto fried donuts (with yeast) and it was so awesome – light, fluffy, chewy inside and crispy outside. And these tortilla wraps turned out great as well, soft and pliable. I have a few keto tortilla wrap recipes here made from coconut flour, almond flour and flaxseeds and even though they are great, but they are difficult to flip over if made bigger. But with this version, I could make an 8-inch tortilla wrap and flip them over without any problem. If you are not familiar with oat fiber powder, please note that it is not oat grain or meal. Oat fiber is the hull, hulk or outer shell of the oat grain. It is pure insoluble fiber with zero calories. It is quite like psyllium husks. Oat fiber is 100% keto friendly.
- 60 g Oat fiber powder
- 60 g Golden flaxseeds
- 14 g Whole psyllium husks
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 15 ml Olive oil
- 240 ml Hot or boiling water
- Add all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add all the wet ingredients and mix until a dough is formed.
- Shape into a ball. Wet your hands for easier handling as the dough is sticky.
- Place half the dough on a parchment paper and roll between 2 parchment papers until as thin as possible. However, it is easier to flip over if the dough is smaller and thicker.
- I used 8-inch and 6-inch pot covers to make the round shape. This recipe makes about 2 to 3 big wraps and 3 to 4 small wraps.
- Lightly grease a flat and non-stick pan.
- Cook the wraps over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes each side.
- Once ready, transfer to a plate.
- You can use any of your favorite ingredients for the filling. In the video, I spread the wrap with cream cheese then layered with mashed avocado (seasoned with salt & black pepper), carrot strips, salami and romaine lettuce. Then I drizzled with sriracha.
- These tortilla wraps can be refrigerated for up to a few days and freeze for up to 3 months.
Serving: 3big wrapsCalories: 133kcalCarbohydrates: 6.8gProtein: 4.6gFat: 11.7gFiber: 6.8g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!