Do you miss soft and fluffy white bread? This keto gluten free bread gives you the texture of white bread with mild flavour from the white sesames. We use whole sesame and ground it to powder. If you are able to get sesame in powder form, that would make it even easier for you. This bread will be crispy when toasted. It can be a great option too to use it as French toast. Enjoy and happy baking!
Keto White Bread – Sesame Flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add in egg whites and acv. Use a spatula to mix.
- Pour in boiling water. With mixer, mix the batter until it become a sticky and semi-solid dough. Sesame seeds flour dough is softer as compared to other seed flour dough like flaxseed powder, pumpkin seed flour or sunflower seed flour.
- Bake for 1hr 10 mins.
- The key success here to carefully control the water. Excessive water will cause the bread to deflate. The bread dough should be solid and sticky before go into the oven.
- Egg whites must be at room temperature.
- The water must be boiling.
- Weight everything using weighing device. I use a device which gives me up to 0.01g accuracy.
- Sesame seeds must be ground to powder form. However, if you are grinding the sesame seeds, remember to stop intermittently (every 5 seconds) while grinding to avoid the seeds ground into paste form.
- Psyllium husk MUST NOT be too fine as it will block its ability to absorb water. We always buy whole psyllium husk and grind it ourselves. As a reference of finest, eyeballing it when grinding 1 portion of psyllium husk until it left about half of its original portion.
- Instant yeast is optional. It does not help to rise the bread but it’s a great add to the bread flavour.
- 8″ tin is used in the video.
- Do not cut the bread while it is still hot as the bread will shrunk and collapse which end up a dense bottom.
- Let it cool in the oven with the oven door opened will prevent the bread shrunk due to temperature shock.
- If you need to cover the top with aluminium foil to avoid burning, ensure you only open the oven door after the bread has already risen tall and solid. This bread starts to browning in our oven at 20mins mark of baking.