This chocolate version is an extension of that. These chocolate granolas are so easy to make and tastes so good – crispy, nutty, chocolatey goodness ! These keto chocolate granola bars are great on-the-go snack, awesome as energy bars during gym work, excellent as gifts or simply as a healthy snack.
HOW TO MAKE KETO CHOCOLATE GRANOLA BARS
FOR NUTS & SEEDS MIXTURE
- 150 g Almonds
- 150 g Walnuts
- 150 g Pecans
- 150 g Pumpkin Seeds
- 150 g Sunflower Seeds
FOR NUTS & SEEDS MIXTURE
- Roast all the nuts and seeds in the oven at 350F or 180C for a few minutes or until crispy. Turn them midway so that they brown evenly. If the nuts are not browned enough, the granola bars would not be as crispy.
- Cool the nuts and seeds for awhile then chop the nuts into smaller pieces so that it's easier to compress them together. You can use a knife and cutting board or food processor to chop the nuts.
- You can also opt for any nuts or seeds of your choice.
- Mix all the ingredients in a big bowl until well combined and set aside.
FOR CHOCOLATE MIXTURE
- In the video, I used a double boil (Bain-marie) method to melt the ingredients. You can also use microwave oven.
- Over low heat, add the coconut oil in the bowl and stir until dissolved.
- Add the Allulose and stir until dissolved.
- Add the salt and stir until dissolved.
- Add the unsweetened cocoa powder and stir until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the bowl from heat and add the vanilla extract. Whisk to combine
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the roasted nuts and seeds.
- Mix until well coated.
- Use any suitable rectangular or square pans. In the video, I used 3 shallow pans with a size of 7×3.5×3". Line the pan with parchment paper.
- Scoop the granolas into the pans. If you are using a few pans, it helps to weigh them after filling to ensure that they are of the same size.
- Spread the top evenly. Then use a suitable cup with flat bottom or the back of a spoon to compress them as much as you can. Otherwise, there is a tendency that they will fall apart.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours until set and firm. This is important as they can be crumbly if they are not set and firm enough.
- Remove from the pan and transfer onto a cutting board. Start from the middle and work sideways. It is easier to cut firmly straight down to avoid any breakage.
- Wrap the granola bars with chocolate wrappers to prevent moisture from forming. This is also useful as on-the-go and mess free eating.
- The longer the granola bars are chilled, the firmer and crispier they become.
- These granola bars can be refrigerated for up to 1 or 2 weeks and frozen for months. They actually taste great straight out of the fridge or freezer.