Black and white sesame seeds are a great source for low carb baking. They are cheap and healthy. I have used them for making keto bread and buns and they turned out light, fluffy and crispy when toasted
KETO CRISPY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Preheat the oven at 350F or 180C for the big cookies and 340F or 170C for the mini cookies. If you bake them together, just remove the mini cookies earlier.
- In a bowl, whisk the butter and sweetener until creamy and pale in color.
- Add the egg, vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Add the ground white sesame seeds, baking powder, salt and mix with a spatula until a dough is formed.
- Add the chocolate chips, nuts and mix until well combined.
- Divide the dough into the desired serving size. In the video, I made some big cookies of 20 g each and mini cookies of 8 to 10 g each.
- Shape the dough into a ball and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. If the dough is too soft, just freeze it for about 30 minutes to firm up. You can also use a cookie scoop.
- Bake for 15 to 20 mins or until browned and crispy for the big cookies. For the mini cookies, bake for about 10 to 15 minutes. For a chewy texture, bake for a shorter time around 8 to10 mins. Let the cookies cool for about 5 mins on the tray after baking then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. The cookies will crisp up once cooled. If you find the cookies are not crispy enough, just pop back into the oven and bake for another few minutes until they are really browned and crispy. You may find that the oven is smoky hot but don't worry as they are not burnt but will be very crispy. It is best to set a digital clock at certain intervals so that you can check on the cookies to avoid burning them.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container for 4 to 6 weeks or even longer. They can also be refrigerated and frozen. They tastes great straight out of the fridge and freezer.
- You can also freeze the dough for later use. Just shape them into balls, chill in the fridge and once hardened, place into bags and freeze. When you want to bake them, let them defrost for a bit on the kitchen counter then bake accordingly.