French cuisine… Croque Monsieur sounds so much more up-market than a fried ham and cheese sandwich, non? Either way, our keto version will have you enjoying every bite! Can you say “oh là là”?
Keto Croque Monsieur
- 210 g cottage cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 140 g smoked deli ham
- 55 g sliced cheddar cheese
- 55 g finely chopped red onion optional
- 100 g lettuce
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Mix in the cottage cheese. Add ground psyllium husk powder while stirring to incorporate it smoothly, without lumps. Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes until the batter has set.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat. Add a generous amount of butter and fry the batter like small pancakes for a couple of minutes on each side, until they are golden. Make two pancakes per serving.
- Assemble a sandwich with sliced ham and cheese between two of the warm pancakes. Add finely chopped onion on top.
- Serve the Croque Monsieur warm with leafy greens.