- 1 pound green beans fresh, rinsed, ends trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/3 cup pine nuts lightly toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper coarsely ground
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add green beans and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Drain the beans.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add minced garlic and cooked green beans.
- Saute on medium heat for about 2 minutes, stirring.
- Remove from heat. Add freshly squeezed lemon juice and stir. Add grated Parmesan cheese and stir. Top with lightly toasted pine nuts. Season with more salt, if needed. Season with coarsely ground black pepper.