Propolis is a sticky, resinous substance that honey bees produce from materials they collect from plants, such as tree buds, sap, and other botanical sources. Bees use propolis to seal openings in the hive, strengthen the hive structure, and protect the colony from outside threats.
Propolis is also used by bees to embalm any small invaders that enter the hive, essentially mummifying them and preventing disease. Propolis contains tree resin, essential oils, waxes and bioflavonoids. The chemical composition of propolis varies depending on the specific plants and trees that the bees had access to. However, in general, propolis contains:
• Tree resins: 50-60% – Acts as an antiseptic.
• Waxes: 30-50% – Works as a waterproofing and emulsifying agent.
• Essential oils: 10% – Provide aromatic properties.
• Pollen: 5%
• Other compounds: amino acids, vitamins, bioflavonoids, etc. – Have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
The bioactive compounds in propolis have antioxidant, antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties. That is why propolis has so many medicinal properties and health benefits. Some of the main health benefits of propolis include:
• Boosting the immune system. Propolis has antioxidant and antimicrobial properties that can help boost immunity and fight infections.
• Wound healing. Propolis can help heal wounds, minor burns, rashes, and other skin irritations. It promotes tissue regeneration and reduces inflammation.
• Anti-inflammatory. Propolis has compounds that have anti-inflammatory effects. It can help reduce inflammation in the body and ease symptoms of inflammatory diseases.
• Antimicrobial. Propolis has antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties. It can help treat various infections and may prevent dental caries and upper respiratory tract infections.
• Rich in antioxidants. Propolis contains flavonoids and other antioxidants that help protect cells from damage by free radicals. Antioxidants may help slow down aging and reduce disease risk.
• Alleviate allergies. Propolis may help modulate the immune system and reduce the severity of allergy symptoms like hay fever.
• Prevent and treat cancer. Propolis may have some anti-cancer effects, especially against breast, prostate and colon cancer cells. However, more research is needed.
Flavonoids are a large group of plant compounds that have antioxidant properties. They are found naturally in many fruits, vegetables, herbs, and spices.
Here are some of the main benefits of propolis rich in flavonoids:
- Anti-inflammatory effects. Flavonoids in propolis have anti-inflammatory properties. Propolis may help reduce inflammation in the body and help alleviate inflammatory conditions like acne, eczema, and arthritis.
- Antioxidant effects. Flavonoids in propolis act as antioxidants and help protect cells against damage from free radicals. This may help slow down aging and reduce the risk of some diseases.
- Improved immunity. Propolis may help boost the immune system and make you less susceptible to illnesses like the common cold. Flavonoids in propolis have antimicrobial properties and may help fight viruses and bacteria.
- Wound healing. Studies show that propolis may help speed up the healing of wounds and skin ulcers. The flavonoids stimulate the production of collagen and promote tissue regeneration.
- Anticancer effects. The high antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of flavonoid-rich propolis may help prevent the growth of cancer cells. Some studies show that propolis extracts can inhibit the growth of breast, prostate, and colon cancer cells.
- Lower heart disease risk. Flavonoid-rich propolis may help improve heart health, lower high blood pressure and cholesterol levels, and reduce the risk of heart disease. Flavonoids have a beneficial effect on circulation and blood vessel health. • Improved oral health. Propolis may help reduce oral bacteria, prevent cavities, and treat conditions like gingivitis and canker sores. The antimicrobial activity of flavonoids in propolis prevents growth of bacteria like Streptococcus mutans that contribute to oral diseases.
- Digestive benefits. Flavonoids in propolis may help reduce inflammation in the gut, improve gut health, and treat conditions like ulcers. Propolis may also help eliminate harmful bacteria like H. pylori that can contribute to digestive issues.
Introducing the Purest, Most Potent Propolis Extract
• 100% Natural, Alcohol-Free Formula: Our propolis extract is made using a unique cold extraction process that yields the purest, most potent propolis without the use of alcohol, chemicals or artificial additives. This allows you to get the maximum health benefits of propolis without the negatives of alcohol.
• Full Spectrum of Bioactive Compounds: Our extraction method preserves the complete profile of antioxidants, amino acids, vitamins, minerals and nutrients found in propolis. We don‘t remove or damage these fragile compounds like alcohol can.
• Nature‘s Most Powerful Antioxidant & Anti-Inflammatory: Propolis is one of the richest sources of antioxidants, which help fight free radicals and support health at the cellular level. It also has strong anti-inflammatory effects. Our extract allows you to fully utilize these properties.
• Energize Your Immune System: For over 2,000 years, people have used propolis to naturally boost immunity and ward off infections. Our formula contains immunomodulating compounds that balance and strengthen your immune response.
• The Cleanest, Greenest Supplement: Our propolis comes from specially selected bee farms that use humane, sustainable practices. No pesticides, chemicals or pollution are used that could contaminate the propolis. We are committed to the health of you, your family and the planet.
• Unmatched Quality and Freshness: We control every step of the production process, from sourcing the highest-quality propolis to bottling the final extract, to ensure freshness, purity and potency. We guarantee every batch.
Experience the Benefits of Nature‘s Purest Propolis Extract
We hope you enjoy it!