chocolate cream cheese muffins
If you love the original cream cheese muffins (video posted here a few weeks ago), this is a really good variation. The chocolate cake and the cream cheese filling make a beautiful color contrast. The cake is so soft and fluffy, and the filling is so creamy and flavorful. Super easy to make and I am sure you will impress your guests with these delicious muffins.
FOR CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 200 g cream cheese
- 24 g powdered sweetener
- 2 large eggs yolk
[Note: Mix the cream cheese and powdered sweetener with a spatula until well combined. Add the egg yolks and mix until smooth]
- Preheat the oven at 340F or 170C
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese with a spatula until soft and creamy. Then add the butter, sweetener and whisk until well combined and the butter has turned into a pale color.
- Add the eggs one at a time and whisk until well combined.
- Add the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder into the mixture and whisk to combine. Then add the whipping cream and mix until well combined. The batter is quite thick.
- Spoon the batter into muffin cups or molds. I used a silicone muffin pan so it's super easy to remove the muffins. This recipe makes 12 to 14 medium sized muffins. Fill each cup or mold until 1/2 to 3/4 high. Set aside.
- Prepare the cream cheese filling by mixing the cream cheese until soft and creamy. Then add the powdered sweetener and mix to combine. Lastly, add the egg yolks and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the cream cheese filling into a piping bag, tighten the bag and cut out the tip of the bag.
- Squeeze the filling into the middle of the cake batter until all the filling is used up.
- Bake at the lowest rack for 15 to 20 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- These muffins can be enjoyed warm or chilled. They can be refrigerated for up to a week and freeze for up to 3 months.
Serving: 12gCalories: 222kcalCarbohydrates: 1.6gProtein: 4.6gFat: 22.4gFiber: 0.3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!