HOW TO MAKE KETO WHITE SESAME SEED YEAST BREAD | CHEAP & HEALTHY | AMAZING RISE | SUPER EASY
Ground sesame seeds are a cheap and healthy alternative for low carb flours. They have a good source of healthy fats, fiber, protein, antioxidants, B vitamins, minerals and other beneficial plant compound. They also have anti inflammatory properties. Black sesame seeds have a slightly nuttier flavor than the white counterpart but both types have the same benefits. This bread has the same amazing rising effect as sunflower and flaxseeds hence, you will get a tall, airy, light, fluffy and white bread.
- 43 g apple cider vinegar
- 280 ml water room temp
- 16 g Instant or rapid rise yeast
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 280 ml Very warm water
- Pre-heat the oven at 350F or 180C.
- Refer to the video on how to grind the sesame seeds. If you use pre ground sesame flour, you may need to increase the amount of water as they are more concentrated.
- Add all the ingredients for the yeast mixture into a bowl. Mix to combine then set aside. This step is to check the condition of the yeast. If there are a lot of bubbling and foaming, then the yeasts are good. If not, please change to a new batch.
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together until well combined.
- Add all the wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Lastly, add the yeast mixture and mix until well combined. The dough will look watery initially but will firm up after you mix them longer. The dough is soft hence, you will not be able to shape it.
- In the video, I used an 8x5x4 inch (20x13x10 cm) loaf pan lightly greased and lined with parchment paper. It is important to use a suitable pan for yeast bread. The pan should be narrow and tall. If the pan is too big, the dough will spread sideways to fill up the gaps and you will end up with a big but flat bread.
- Transfer the dough into the pan. Spread evenly.
- Cover with a towel and proof at a warm area for about 10 to 20 minutes. Mine took only 10 minutes. Let is rise until slightly below the top of the pan as it will rise again during baking until a certain point. Hence, the bread will end up slightly over the top of the pan.
- After proofing, top with some black sesame seeds (optional).
- Bake at the lowest rack for 1 hour or until cooked. Use a wooden skewer to test for doneness.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
- This bread taste nutty with a subtle bitterness but if you eat them with spreads or as sandwiches, it is not so obvious.
- This bread can be kept at room temperature for a few days if you have a cool and dry climate. Otherwise, it's better to refrigerate earlier for up to a week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!