low carb osso buco with caulimash
This recipe will have you counting down the hours to dinnertime! The deep infusion of flavors and tender osso buco just melt in the mouth. Paired with a creamy cauli-mash, this is the ultimate comfort meal. Even better, the dish literally cooks itself while you work.
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 4 lbs veal shank
- 11 oz yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 oz celery stalks, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- salt, if need
- 1/2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 2/1/3 lbs cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof pot and brown the veal shanks in batches on all sides.
- Remove to a plate while you cook the onion, celery, garlic, and herbs until just softened.
- Return the Osso Bucco to the pot add the beef stock, apple cider vinegar, and tomato paste. Cover and cook for 4 hours in the oven. Taste and season with salt if needed.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a large pot. Cover with water and bring it to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the cauliflower is fork-tender. Do not overcook or you will get watery mash.
- Place the cooked cauliflower into a strainer over the sink and drain. Let the cauliflower sit in the strainer for about five minutes to dry out slightly. Then put the cauliflower florets into a high-speed blender and then add the cream cheese and parmesan.q
- Blitz until smooth and creamy. This may take a few minutes and there is always a moment where you think it won’t work, just keep going, scrape down the sides a couple of times if you need to. Once the mash is smooth and creamy, season to taste with salt and pepper.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Cooking OilBuy via WhatsApp
[Cobram] 100% 750ml extra virgin Olive oil (Robust)RM52.00 Add to cart