cinnamon roll cake | super easy | soft & fluffy
6,162 views 4 Aug 2022 I have actually thought of making cinnamon rolls or any cake rolls but I find that they are quite complicated especially in getting the right cake texture and the rolling technique. I think I failed miserably which is not surprising as I am really not good with complicated or delicate methods. That's why all my recipes are super easy to make. I am so thrilled to have found this shortcut method which produces the same result – soft and fluffy cake with the right amount of cinnamon flavor.
other flour options
- 12 g ground cinnamon
- 67 g lakanto golden sweetener
- 57 g melted unsalted butter
- 12 g allulose
- 1-2 tsp water
- Preheat the oven at 350F or 180C.
- In a bowl, mix the softened cream cheese with a spatula until creamy. Add the room temperature butter and whisk until smooth and creamy. Then add the eggs, one at at a time and whisk until combined. Finally, add the whipping cream and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until well combined. The batter is thick and smooth. Transfer the batter into a 9×12 inch (23×30 cm) pan lined with parchment paper. Spread evenly. Set aside.
- To make the cinnamon glaze, mix the ground cinnamon, sweetener, melted butter in a bowl and whisk to combine. Spoon onto the top of the batter then use a wooden skewer to make a marble effect. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out clean. Cool completely.
- After the cake has cooled, make the icing glaze. Add the water gradually to the powdered sweetener and mix until you get the right consistency. If the mixture is too thick, add more water. If too dilute, add more powdered sweetener. Then drizzle onto the top of the cake.
- The cake can be cut into 20 servings and they can be kept at room temperature for 1 to 2 days provided you have a cool and dry climate. Otherwise, it's best to refrigerate earlier for up to a week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Calories: 176kcalCarbohydrates: 3.2gProtein: 3.5gFat: 16.9gFiber: 1.3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!