Apple cider vinegar is a popular home remedy. People have used it for centuries in cooking and medicine.
Many people claim it can relieve a wide range of health complaints, but you may wonder what the research says.
Apple cider vinegar has various healthful properties, including antimicrobial and antioxidant effects.
What’s more, evidence suggests it could possibly offer health benefits, such as:
- aiding weight loss
- reducing cholesterol
- lowering blood sugar levels
- improving the symptoms of diabetes
However, little research exists, and further studies are needed before it can be recommended as an alternative therapy.
This article looks at the evidence behind 6 possible health benefits of apple cider vinegar.
- High in healthful substances
- Can help kill harmful bacteria
- May help lower blood sugar levels and manage diabetes
- May aid weight loss
- Improves heart health in animals
- May boost skin health