Brownies can be either fudgy or cakey. It is considered a hybrid of a cake and cookie. They are level and typically cut into square-like bars. They are not leavened with baking powder hence, they are denser and heavier. Brownies can also be made without chocolate, in a version known as blondies. Hence, this is called Lemon Blondies but some may still call it Lemon Brownies.
I tried this with almond and coconut flour. Almond flour version is a little firmer and denser while the coconut flour version is softer. In the video, I used almond flour so you can refer to the written recipe below for the coconut flour ratio.
I love the dense and fudgy texture and of course, the refreshing lemony taste. The lemon glaze makes it incredibly delicious so I highly recommend you do the glaze. As usual, it is super easy to make without any tools required.
KETO LEMON BLONDIES
- 3 LARGE whole eggs
- 60 ml coconut oil
- 120 ml whipping cream
- 40 ml Fresh lemon juice
INGREDIENTS FOR GLAZE
- 125 g Allulose powdered sweetener
- 30 ml Fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven at 340C or 170C.
- In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Add all the wet ingredients and whisk to combine. The batter is smooth and moderately thick.
- Pour batter into an 8×8 inch pan lined with parchment paper.
- Tap the pan a few times to spread the batter evenly.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once completely cooled, make the glaze.