All the flavors you love from a traditional lasagna, but without the carb-heavy pasta and the time-consuming assembly. Our quick keto lasagna will become your new weeknight favorite.
KETO SKILLET LASAGNA
- 280 g green cabbage shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 110 g yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 900 g ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 250 g crushed tomatoes
- 180 ml heavy whipping cream
- 85 g cream cheese
- 1 garlic clove minced
- salt & ground black pepper
- 140 g shredded cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh basil as garnish
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- Shred the cabbage by cutting the cabbage head in half and slicing it with a sharp knife into thin cabbage noodles.
- Heat a large frying pan or ovenproof skillet on medium-high heat. Add the cabbage and a splash of water. Toss it around with a tong and cook until the cabbage is soft. Remove from the pan and drain.
- Return the same pan to the stove and add the olive oil. When hot, add garlic and onion. Fry until it starts to get soft and translucent.
- Add the ground meat to the pan. Fry while breaking the meat up using a spatula. Season with salt, ground black pepper, basil, and oregano. Add the crushed tomatoes and the cooked cabbage when the meat starts to get brown. Give it a good mix and let it simmer for a couple of minutes while you prepare the cheese sauce.
- Mix the heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl until smooth.
- Pour it on top of the meat and cabbage mixture. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese has a golden color.
- Let it cool a bit before serving. Garnish with fresh basil.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!