Keto friendly, sugar-free, gluten-free, soft & chewy cinnamon braid bread.
This keto braid bread is made of 100% with coconut flour. It is 100% gluten free and nut free.
The best part of this yeasted bread is it is super SOFT and CHEWY. And so rich in cinnamon fragrance.
It resembles the texture of cinnamon roll. Same recipe can be applied to create cinnamon bun and cinnamon bread, depending the way you want it to be served. It has a few more steps compared to other bread recipes, but it is totally worth the effort once you taste how good it is. Hope you enjoy the recipe!
Keto Cinnamon Braid Bread
Ingredient – Activate Yeast
- 60 ml Hot water
- 11 g instant yeast
- ¼ tsp honey
- ¾ cup boiling water
Handle Ingredient A
- In a large mixing bowl, add in butter and allulose. Use a mixer to mix.
- Add in 1 egg at a time. Whisk in low speed until mixture well combined.
- Add in 1 tsp vanilla, yeast mixture and whisk at low speed until everything fully incorporated.
Handle Ingredient B
- Add in all ingredients B into the mixture in mixing bowl.
- Mix everything together with mixer until well combined.
Handle Ingredient C
- Gradually and slowly add in the boiling water into the mixture in the mixing bowl. Do it slowly to avoid killing the yeast.
- Mix the mixture with mixer until incorporated.
- Cover the mixing bowl with a cling wrap. Leave it aside for 15 minutes.
Making the braid bread
- After 15min. The dough should already expand. Pour the dough on a flat surface lined with silicone mat or cling wrap or parchment paper. With another cling wrap or parchment paper, roll the dough flat as shown in video.
- Brush the filling on the surface. Remember to leave about 1 tbsp to brush on the final product towards the end before baking. Spread the filling and leave a clean 1/2 inch away from the edge.
- Slowly, roll up the dough.
- With a sharp knife, cut the log into half lengthwise, leaving the end uncut for 1/2 inch.
- Braid the two pieces. Do it slowly as the dough is soft and easy to break apart.
- Brush the wreath with left cinnamon filling.
- Transfer to a tin. Leave the tin in a warm environment for 60min and let it rise. See the tips how it can be done.
- Heat up oven to 180°C. Bake for 20-25 min.