I have been receiving requests for this Cream Cheese Garlic Bread which is a popular Korean street food. I have to admit that they look so tempting.
My initial concern was that it may not be as good with Keto Bread which tends to be on the dense side. But I still gave it a try and was pleasantly surprised that it turned out to be so good that I was enjoying it with my coffee. They’re best enjoyed fresh for the crispy crust and creamy goodness. But I reheated some leftovers in my mini toaster oven and they were still good. The aroma of butter and garlic filled my house wonderfully during baking.
These Keto Cream Cheese Garlic Bread are filled with mildly sweetened cream cheese filling and loaded with buttery, garlicky and savory flavors. They are simply irresistible.
KETO CREAM CHEESE GARLIC BREAD
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 180 g Cream Cheese
- 40 g Powdered Sweetener
- 1-2 pinches salt
- 30 ml Whipping Cream
- Preheat the oven at 350F or 180C.
- In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Add all the wet ingredients and mix until a dough is formed.
- Divide the dough into 5 x 100 g portions.
- Mold the dough into round shapes and place on a baking tray with parchment paper. Wet your hands for easier handling of the dough.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked. The buns are done when they feel light to the touch.
- Cool completely.
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese until creamy.
- Add the powdered sweetener, salt and mix to combine.
- Add the whipping cream and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer into a piping bag.
- Cut the buns into 6 wedges but do not cut through the bottom.
- Cut the tip of the piping bag off and pipe the cream cheese filling between the wedges.
- If there is any leftover of the cream cheese filling, just pipe onto the top of the buns.
- Set aside.
BUTTER GARLIC SAUCE
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Drizzle generously over the bread. You can also coat the bread by dipping into the sauce. If you have any leftover sauce, save it to make more cream cheese garlic bread or spread on your bread then toast it.
- Try to open up the wedges as it will look nicer.
- Bake at 350F or 180C for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy them fresh with a cup of coffee.
- The bread can be reheated with the mini electric toaster oven.