I have viewers asking for a keto chiffon cake recipe. So here you go! Today, i am going to bake a basic low carb chiffon cake! You may just eat it as it is, lightly sprinkle the top with powdered sweetener or even have it fully decorated with whipped cream and berries! This makes a perfect cake base for a birthday cake for yourself or your loved ones!
Keto Chiffon Cake
- 8" round tin
- In a large bowl, add and mix olive oil, water and egg yolks.
- Sift in almond flour and salt. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In another large bowl, add cream of tartar into egg whites. (This is to stablized our meringue)
- With a hand mixer, on low speed, beat egg white until foamy.- Add sweetener in 3 batches and continue to beat until soft peaks form.
- Now add 1/3 of the meringue into egg yolk batter. Mix and fold in the mixture.- Add another 1/3 of the meringue and fold in.
- Lastly, pour the yolk batter into the rest of the meringue and fold in. Do not over mix.
- Drop a few times on counter top and use chopstick to swirl around batter to remove big air bubbles.
- Bake in preheated oven. ➡️150°C for 80~90 minutes.
- Once cake is removed from oven, drop tin on counter again for a few times to release hot air.
- Turn cake upsize down and support the edges on 2 bowls. Let cake cools down completely before removing out from cake mold.